Sep 3, 2012

The Weight of Vision

"Slow and steady gains are often the most sustainable ones."

There are times when working towards a vision I've been given, I become so excited my heart begins to race around inside my chest.  I just want to see the THING!

I can see it.

I can see it in my brainstorms and on paper. I can see it as a circuit of systems, layering communication, media, management, training programs, and rehearsals. I can see it in my minds eye, that ethereal place that moves ever so slowly towards materialization, but some times I WANT TO SEE IT NOW.

I want to put my hands on it, and hold the thing, and lift it over my head and show it to the sky and say here it is, the thing you gave me, I made it real. I want to see it working, moving in communities, connecting lives, and changing cultures. I want it so desperately I could smash all the parts together with fury and passions and let it loose on the world.

I believe however that this is not the most effective creative process.

For this reason, and the sanctification of my heart. The Lord has given me visions that are simply to big to be born of one man's efforts. Ambitions that I am altogether unequipped to bring forth, and by their size and scope I am forced to lean on Him if I ever hope to see them fulfilled.

I am driven to see the ideas He has given me realized, and I am driven to Him for the wisdom to do so.

What vision has the Lord given you?
How will it bring Him glory?
How can He help you bring it to pass?

No comments:

Post a Comment